Deadline: Monday, February 28, 2022, 11:59pm PST
Applicants must read and adhere to the terms as outlined in
Elektra Youth Scholarship Application Guidelines 2022
This annual $500 scholarship is awarded to support a young musician in their musical development. This award may be used to pay for private lessons, choir fees, purchase of music or instruments, travel to a music program, participation in music festivals, post-secondary tuition or any other item relating to music education.
- the applicant’s primary residence is in Metro Vancouver or the applicant has graduated from a Metro Vancouver high school. For a list of eligible municipalities, see this link.
- the applicant identifies as a woman and is between the ages of 15 and 20 on the application deadline
- the applicant has been involved in a school or community choral program
- the applicant does not have to be pursuing a career in music
In selecting the winner, the following areas will be considered with these approximate weightings:
- 30% musical background, personal achievements, and participation in choirs
- 35% proposed use of funds and scholarship impact
- 35% written letter of recommendation from music teacher or choir conductor
We are delighted to announce Diana Andrews of Lord Byng Secondary, Vancouver as the recipient of the Elektra Women’s Choir Youth Scholarship for 2021. Diana plans on pursuing a career in fine arts following her graduation from high school. Her choir teacher tells us that she demonstrates professionalism, a strong work ethic and compassion towards others. Our very best wishes to Diana as she continues her journey in pursuit of musical excellence.