Next Offered: Annual Deadline is February 28, 11:59pm PST
Click Here To Submit Your Online Application
This annual $550 scholarship is awarded to support a young musician in her musical development. This award may be used to pay for private lessons, choir fees, purchase of music or instruments, travel to a music program, participation in music festivals, post-secondary tuition or any other item relating to music education.
- the applicant’s primary residence is in Metro Vancouver or the applicant has graduated from a Metro Vancouver high school. For a list of eligible municipalities, see this link.
- the applicant is female-identifying and is between the ages of 15 and 20 on the application deadline
- the applicant has been involved in a school or community choral program
- the applicant does not have to be pursuing a career in music
- previous winners of Elektra’s Youth Scholarship may not apply again
In selecting the winner, the following areas will be considered with these approximate weightings:
- 30% musical background, personal achievements, and participation in choirs
- 35% proposed use of funds and scholarship impact
- 35% written letter of recommendation from music teacher or choir conductor
Note that a letter of recommendation from a music teacher or choir director is a requirement of the application process. Both the online application and the letter must be received separately by Elektra by 11:59pm Monday, February 28.
Elektra Women’s Choir is pleased to announce Graciel Daluz as this year’s Youth Scholarship winner.
Graciel began piano studies in 2010 at the British Columbia Conservatory of Music (BCCM). She also plays flute, guitar, and ukulele, sings in her school and church choirs, and was recently a participant in Elektra’s Mira Youth Mentorship program!
Graciel plans to complete the Piano Associate Teacher Diploma Program at the BCCM, and will be attending Simon Fraser University in the fall, working towards a Bachelor’s of Education. She will use scholarship funds to support lessons, festivals, and exams in pursuit of her goal to become a music teacher.
Our thanks to the Youth Scholarship Committee for their thoughtful consideration of our 2023 applications. We wish all applicants success in their musical endeavours.