Choral Leadership for Young Women
Next offered: January 2019
Deadline to apply: First come, first served
Please email email@example.com
2019 venue TBD
A highlight of Elektra’s year is our annual Choral Leadership for Young Women workshop, in which we bring choirs together for one evening to sing and learn. The focus? How can we as individual singers in a choir take a leadership role within our ensembles?
This is a free event. The conductors of up to eight participating choirs share leadership of the evening’s activities, and each choir sings a few pieces on its own.
The public is warmly welcome to observe our work and the performances by Elektra and these fine choirs as each ensemble shares their music and learns more about being a leader in her own choir.
Thank you to the following choirs for their inspiring performances on January 29, 2018:
- Allegria Chamber Choir (BC Girls Choir) – Fiona Blackburn, conductor
- gracenote – Malaika Horswill, conductor
- Moscrop Women’s Choir (Burnaby) – Kyu Min Sigerson, conductor
- Opus One Women’s Choir – Brenda Wilson, conductor
- Pacific Mennonite Children’s Choir – Betty-Ann Vroom, conductor
- Roots ‘N’ Wings Women’s Choir – Dawn Pemberton, conductor
- UBC Women’s Choir – Demi Chao and Cathrie Yuen, conductors
- Zephyra Women’s Choir – Fiona Blackburn, conductor
Conductors: please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be added to the list for email notifications about future editions of this annual program.
Thank you for your interest in singing and learning with Elektra Women’s Choir!
Here’s a short descriptive video of the Choral Leadership Workshop:
Generously supported by:
Nancy’s Very Own Foundation