Choral Leadership for Young Women
Next offered: January 28, 2019
Deadline to apply: First come, first served
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Unity Church of Vancouver, 5840 Oak Street, Vancouver
A highlight of Elektra’s year is our annual Choral Leadership for Young Women workshop, in which we bring choirs together for one evening to sing and learn. The focus? How can we as individual singers in a choir take a leadership role within our ensembles?
We have space for seven guest choirs this year, and high school and university-aged ensembles are our priority. This is a FREE event for high school and college/university singers – first come, first served, by preregistration only. To help us plan, please register your choir ASAP and latest October 1. The conductors of the participating choirs share leadership of the evening’s activities, and each choir sings a few pieces on its own.
Adult choirs are encouraged and welcome to attend for a small fee of $100 per choir. Your registration will be confirmed after October 1.
The public is warmly welcome to observe our work and the performances by Elektra and these fine choirs as each ensemble shares their music and learns more about being a leader in her own choir.
Thank you to the following choirs for their inspiring performances on January 29, 2018:
- Allegria Chamber Choir (BC Girls Choir) – Fiona Blackburn, conductor
- gracenote – Malaika Horswill, conductor
- Moscrop Women’s Choir (Burnaby) – Kyu Min Sigerson, conductor
- Opus One Women’s Choir – Brenda Wilson, conductor
- Pacific Mennonite Children’s Choir – Betty-Ann Vroom, conductor
- Roots ‘N’ Wings Women’s Choir – Dawn Pemberton, conductor
- UBC Women’s Choir – Demi Chao and Cathrie Yuen, conductors
- Zephyra Women’s Choir – Fiona Blackburn, conductor
Conductors: please email us at email@example.com to be added to the list for email notifications about future editions of this annual program.
Thank you for your interest in singing and learning with Elektra Women’s Choir!
Here’s a short descriptive video of the Choral Leadership Workshop:
Generously supported by:
Nancy’s Very Own Foundation