Let Me Fish Off Cape St. Mary's
- Composer: Otto P. Kelland
- Arranger: Diane Loomer
- Canadian Composition: Yes
- Duration: 3:01
- Sample Track:
This lists any discs, concerts or collections where this piece is included.
- From the Heart
- The Singing World: Tapestry International 2009
- Tapestry International Celebration of Women’s Choirs 2018 – Celebration Concert
- Choral Canada Podium Conference, NL (3 concerts)
Take me back to my Western boat,
Let me fish off Cape St. Mary’s,
Where the hagdowns sail and the foghorns wail,
With my friends the Browns and the Clearys,
Let me fish off Cape St. Mary’s.
Let me feel my dory lift,
To the broad Atlantic combers,
Where the tide rips swirl and the wild gulls whirl,
Where Old Neptune calls the number,
‘Neath the broad Atlantic combers.
Let me view that rugged shore,
Where the beach is all a-glisten,
Where the Caplin spawn and from dusk to dawn,
You bait your trawl and listen,
To the undertow a-hissin’.
Take me back to that snug green cove,
Where the seas roll up their thunder,
There let me rest in the earth’s cool breast,
Where the stars shine out their wonder,
And the seas roll up their thunder.